Emotional pain is felt – not seen.
So anytime you experience mental or emotional hurt, it’s really common to feel completely alone and misunderstood.
People tell you to:
- Let it go
- Move on
- Get over it
Or make statements like:
- You shouldn’t let this ruin your life.
- It was a bad relationship anyway – shouldn’t you be happier now?
- Did you really not realize that what they were doing was abusive?
Although sometimes this advice is well-intended, it’s dismissive at best and re-traumatizing at worst.
The reality is that people who’ve never personally experienced, been educated in, or witnessed narcissistic abuse do NOT understand what you’ve been through.
And it’s this lack of awareness, understanding, and support that can make you feel so isolated and alone.
But thankfully, we live in a world where people can be more connected now than ever.
And that means you can:
- Find support groups specifically for survivors of narcissistic abuse
- Connect with therapists or coaches from all over the world who specialize in narcissistic abus
- Search for articles, books, & other resources to help validate and support you on your journey toward healing and reinventing yourself
There is hope. There is light. There is a way to use all the hurt for good.
When you take a step, you encourage other survivors to take a step.
When you get educated, you become empowered to never allow this toxicity in your life again.
When you heal and thrive DESPITE the abuse, you take back what you feel was stolen from you: your heart, your soul, your essence.
YOU matter. YOU are making a difference. YOU are NOT alone!
If you’re looking to heal from narcissistic abuse or relationship trauma, I can help! I specialize in helping people heal from toxic, dysfunctional, or harmful relationships. Read more about my specialties and approach to the counseling process or book a free consult call today!